Lalvin EC-1118 Champagne yeast (500g)
Robust, Reliable, and Neutral. Useful for a wide range of applications, including wine and fruit cider fermentations. A yeast selected in the famous sparkling wine region for its excellent properties in producing sparkling base wine as well as “in-bottle” secondary fermentation.
Download a data sheet here: LALVIN EC-1118
Lalvin EC 1118® is known for its robust and reliable fermentation kinetics. Its sensory contribution is considered neutral, as it gives very little yeast sensory contribution to the wine. It is used extensively in the world for the production of both white and red wines.
R550.00 VAT Incl.
- Recommended for white, rose, and red wine production.
- Highly recommended for secondary fermentation.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. bayanus
- Desirable fermentation temperature: 10-30°C. (50-86°F)
- Alcohol tolerance 18% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Short lag phase and high fermentation vigour. Cooling may be required to control this high vigour.
- Very low production of H2S under low YAN conditions
- Low production of SO2 binding compounds.
- Moderate relative potential for SO2 production (can produce high levels of SO2 under low nutrient conditions, up to 50mg/L).
- Competitive factor active.
- Low foam producer.
Dosage: 25g/hL (2lb/1000gal) of Active Dried Yeast (this will provide an initial cell population of approximately 5 x106 viable cells/mL)
|Dimensions||10 × 12 × 7 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.